Monday, November 3, 2008

my super talented bro..

As long as I can remember my brother has been an artist. We used to set up lemonade stands with a side of hand drawn portraits for a mere buck, I stirred and poured, while he drew his little heart out. And these were no silly stick figures, they were full blown works of art. The only thing I had on my side was that I brought in more customers, the lemonade was cheaper after all. He started taking private lessons when we were very young, and when I was old enough I did as well. Unfortunately my stick figures just were no comparison, and I was doomed to disappoint every art teacher who hoped I shared his talents.

Regardless, recently there was a picture posted here, and multiple other places on the web, that got a lot of attention from friends and family. The picture was of a painting my brother did of little old Bella! This is actually the third in a series that he has done for Brian and I. The paintings are amazing, he calls them the "Eye Paintings" and has recently started to do them on commission. I am posting all of the ones I have pictures of here (please excuse the terrible picture quality of some of the paintings, most were taken on camera phones, as well as the example picture he did it from. If anyone is interested, please let me know, leave a comment or shoot me an email here and I will pass your information on to him!


Baby Bella again, he made her hair look longer, more like her,
since this picture was shortly after she had to be shaved down.


Me, this was done almost 5 years ago.

Brian, although I am pretty sure this is not the
picture it was done from, you get the idea.


Mummy, this was done off of her college graduation picture.

Sydney, the most recent. This was given to her as a
gift for graduating nursing school! Congrats Syd!!



And as the bragging gal that I am, I am going to post some of his other art as well. I have some other things hanging in my apartment as well, but these are a few of my favs.






And one last thing.. Don't forget to VOTE tomorrow! No matter who you are supporting, make sure your voice is heard!!

No comments: